Friday, May 01, 2009

Top tunes on my iPod in April, 2009

1. Ryuichi Sakamoto / behind the mask (live_2009_3_28)
2. Ryuichi Sakamoto / to stanford
3. Paul McCartney / Don't Get Around Much Anymore
4. Ryuichi Sakamoto / ice
5. Yellow Magic Orchestra / Behind The Mask
6. Ryuichi Sakamoto / disko
7. Ryuichi Sakamoto / glacier
8. The Beatles / Here, There And Everywhere
9. The Beatles / For No One
10. Ryuichi Sakamoto / +33 (live_2009_3_28)
11. Elvis Costello / No Action
12. The Beatles / Taxman
13. The Beatles / Eleanor Rigby
14. The Beatles / She Said She Said
15. The Beatles / And Your Bird Can Sing
16. The Beatles / I Want To Tell You

1. is the live version that I listened to admiringly for its unique arrange which is different to the original that I loved from the start. This tune was released on iTunes Store the day after the concert, I think the world is getting better. 5. is the original of 1., it was pulled up in this ranking because I found its attraction again by 1.

3. became to one of my heavy rotations since my friend played it on his iPod at a Japanese hotel of Izu. Paul McCartney's talent made the tune transformed from Duke Ellintong's jazz standard to a cheerful rock'n roll number.

8. to 16. (except 10. and 11.) are obviously the consequences of reading "Here, There and Everywhere" by Geoff Emerick. Revolver is a great album, I admit it time and again.

I always listen to the drum line of 11. mainly even its melody also good. The drummer, Pete Thomas, may be my most favorite drummer because of his drumming like singing.

No comments: