Friday, April 10, 2009

Honesty is such a lonely word, but...

With my wife, son and friends, I enjoyed Tokyo Disney Resort. It was a wonderful holiday, but it isn't the main topic of this entry. An accident happened when we got on the Shinkansen (superexpress) from Tokyo station and took a trip for three hours to my home. A few minutes before the Shinkansen was due to leave, I bought lunch boxes. As soon as I got them, I put my wallet and pass holder into my jacket's pocket and ran up the escalator to platform 21. I could ride in the reserved Shinkansen. When I was about to breathe a sigh of relief, I found that I had dropped my wallet and pass holder.

I thought I was stupid because not only were there many important things (ex. My ID card) in them but also was much money. I was the organizer for this Tokyo Disney Resort trip among my friends, so I had received much money entrance passes and friend's dinner fee, because I paid it for everything on my credit card. My wallet had 70,000yen ($700 / 530Euro / 475pounds) in it.

I rang the lost property section of Tokyo station again and again, but I heard only the busy tone. So I explained my situation to an express conductor and asked him to call Tokyo station. Several minutes later, he came back and said, "Set your heart at ease, your property was found in the same condition as when you dropped them."

Three days later, my wallet and pass holder was sent to my home in the same condition as when I dropped them. Not only money of 70,000yen but also my ID card, credit cards, and so on. Billy Joel sings "Honesty is such a lonely word." However it surely existed at the platform 21, of Tokyo station on 17:50 5th April in 2009.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i absolutely adore your writing taste, very useful,
don't give up and also keep penning as a result it just simply good worth to follow it,
impatient to read much more of your current article content, stunning day :)

Yoshiteru said...

Thanks a lot. Your comment makes me update new articles.